Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Friday, November 30

Happy, Mad, Sad, Glad . . all in one day??

Sometimes in life you find that sometimes Friday will really rock or really suck. Sometimes they start out bad and get really good; or start out really good and slowly go down hill. This Friday was jam packed full of an emotional roller coaster ride.

At one point in my past life I was in therapy (admitting is half the battle to recovery)! One of the parting gifts that I received (of course other than mental health) was an facial emotion recorded. For those of you that don't know what that is I will explain. It is far less complex than it sounds but here goes. Picture if you will, a magnetic piece of paper (about 7x7) with all sorts of faces with different emotions: Happy, Mad, Sad, Glad . . . .etc. Each day while in therapy (and since then) you are supposed to put a magnetic circle over the facial expression that best describes your mood or day, etc. You are supposed to do it twice a day (morning and night). Then towards the end of the day you are supposed to once again put the circle over the emotion and if there was a negative change, think about how it could have been better. If there was a positive change, you are suppose to record the steps that you took (if any) to get there!This morning I came in and was happy! I didn't oversleep (chronic insomnia will do that) and was early for week. I woke up to an adorable and loving puppy (Coley) giving me a facial! I guess the buzzing of the alarm clock was bothering him! So I get to work and am thinking that it is a good day, I am early for work, in a good mood, and it is Friday! So my day begins. . . . things went weird for awhile and then got bad, stressful and then good again. I had some really weird but informative meetings, got yelled at again by Mr. Mean and got all stressed out about upcoming stuff that my team is not ready for and then got good again! For those of who don't know who Mr. Mean is, he is my boss. Sometimes he is nice, cool and easy to get along with but lately he has been a major jerk! This title was previously bestowed by Queen B on her boss who is no longer working in her office. I got sad when I realized that yesterday was my friend Chiquita's birthday (yes, like the banana) and I forgot to call her or send a card. Then I got even sadder when I found out that Evel Knievel died today. It got good when Travis called me and reminded me that when I get to his house later on we get to assemble my somewhat cranking new PC! He was kind enough to go to one of my favorite geeky electronics stores (Fry's) and buy some neat things to put into a machine that is being built for my gaming pleasure! Finally glad came along when I once again realized that it is Friday and I have two days of rest and relaxation ahead of me.

On a side note - Happy Birthday Doogie!

2 comments:

Queen B said...

hopefully Doogie's birthday perked you up :) Mr. Mean, lol

She Who Shall Not be Named! said...

Yeah, Mr. Mean . . . sound familiar??