Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Tuesday, November 27

All Time Cheesy Ballad Playlist??

I was so busy at work today I had no free time. I worked thru lunch and found my lunch, partially eaten, still on my desk at 5:30. I did get a small reprieve and was listening to a BORING conference call while surfing the Internet. I came across this great article on Entertainment Weekly about "all time cheesy ballads" . . . This made me chuckle since we frequently come up with lists like this at work frequently. Some of the previous list include: Greatest Superhero of All Time; Greatest Action Hero; Stupidest Movie of all Time; Greatest Movies of all Time, etc.

The article can be found at the following link for your reading enjoyment:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20034199,00.html

One thing that I find laughable at work is that the people that tend to come in for interviews to work in my department are fetuses. Half of them are barely 21. It is crazy. I know that when my girlfriends and I go out we laugh about how most of the guys that are out looking for girls are fetuses. They are actually young enough to be our own children. Scary Thought! My great friend Tiz whom I happen to be lucky enough to work with, who is also my brother from another mother, is the same age that I am. When we have new people start that are born in 1985 and 1986 we laugh and remember what good years those were. We recently had a guy start that celebrated his 21st birthday. I laughed with Tiz, I actually have shoes that are older than him. Anyway, back to the point. Most people that are born in the 90's and after have no idea what a ballad is. In my mind, that is a term from the 70's and 80's. Funny enough, the theme song from my Senior Ball in High School made this list.

Please read the article and enjoy the stroll down memory lane. I may just have to go home and get the photo album out and take a look at my high school yearbook and look at the horrible 80's hairstyles. Just for the record, the theme song for my Senior Ball was: Phil Collins, One More Night. Oh the memories.


My personal favorite all time cheesy ballad: Take My Breath Away by Berlin. I mean wasn't Top Gun the greatest movie of all time and Tom Cruise just the dreamiest??

No comments: