Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Snoop Puppy Pup!!

Wednesday, February 27

Why I Hate Fry's Electronics (Part II)

So.... you will never believe what finally happened last week. The kind repairman (from a really great company here in Plano) came to the house on Friday to repair the TV. Hooray! No more discolored picture. The same kind repairman had been out to the house the previous week but the optical engine that they received from Sony turned out to be defective and they had to get another one. I also found out from the super nice repairman and some research that optical engine failures are COMMON with the model of TV that I purchased. Big problem for Sony apparently! Those people that purchased the TV and were not smart enough (like yours truly) to get the extended warranty, had to fork over $1500 for this part. Thank goodness I had to pay nothing. I just had to wait (rather impatiently I might add) for Fry's to get their acts together and authorize and order the part for the repair. I did wind up writing a letter to Fry's Customer Service Department as well as the Chairman and CEO in California. I am sure that in the end I will wind up not hearing anything from them but, the process of putting my complaints down on paper and mailing it out did help me immensely! I cannot believe that the whole process took a full two months.



I can say with 100% certainty that I will never make a large purchase like this from Fry's again! Next time, I am going to Best Buy!

1 comment:

Queen B said...

well, at least it FINALLY got fixed. RoomsToGo was supposed to come out last Friday to finally fix my chair, but the repair guy had a death in the family and pushed to this Friday. Still holding my breath...turning blue now...dead now ;)